Hey Junichi Tazawa! Welcome to the big leagues!
The Red Sox cut a Hall of Famer to make room for you.
And oh yeah, your first game will be in extra innings at Yankee Stadium in a game the Red Sox need desperately to win.
And each pitch you throw could end the game.
All things considered, he didn’t do that badly. He gave the Red Sox 1 2/3 of shutout ball… until of course letting up a walk off shot to A-Rod.
In the 15th f—ing inning!
I guess scoring a single run in the first 14 innings was too much to ask for.
2 of the Sox last 4 games were lost deep into extra innings.
2 of the Sox last 4 games had their bullpen wriggle out of trouble with the game on the line only to see an All Star third baseman launch a 2 out walk off shot.
If the Red Sox lose tomorrow, they will have matched their longest losing streak of the year.
On August 2nd the Red Sox were 1/2 a game out of first. When August 8 ends they could be 5 1/2 games out.
They could drop 5 games in the standings in less than a week! Is that even mathematically possible? They went from being on the verge of over taking the Yankees to possibly having Texas and Tampa catch them.
Let’s hope this is the low point.
Let’s hope this is the wake up call.
All I know is I can’t watch tomorrow. I’m sorry boys. I love you and you know I always root for you… but tonight took too much out of me.
And Tazawa… next time hopefully you will pitch in a less stressful enviornment!
Let’s update the board.
DODGED A BULLET GAMES – 14
April 17 – 10-8 win against Orioles. (Overcame 7-0 deficit.)
– 5-4 win against Yankees. (Bay homers off of Rivera in 9th to tie it.)
– 16-11 win against Yankees. (Overcame 6-0 deficit.)
– 6-5 win at Cleveland. (Overcame 5-0 deficit.)
– 4-3 win at Anaheim. (Down 3-1 in the 8th.)June 11
– 4-3 win against Yankees. (Down 3-1 in the 8th. Rallied against Sabathia.)
– 5-2 win at Philadelphia. (Overcame Ryan Howard’s 9th inning shot to win in 13)
– 6-5 win against Atlanta. (The wind turns Nick Green’s fly ball into a walk off shot)
– 1-0 win at Atlanta. (Masterson and Papelbon wiggle out of late jams.)July 1
– 6-5 win at Baltimore. (Sox score 4 in the 9th and Lugo wins in in the 11th)
– 5-4 win against Oakland. (Wind keeps Hairston’s 9th inning go ahead homer in the ballpark)
– 1-0 win against Kansas City. (Pedroia drives in the only run with 2 outs in the 8th.)
– 8-5 win against Oakland. (Ortiz tests postive then hits a 2 out 3 run go ahead homer.)
– 6-5 win at Baltimore. (Youk’s 2 run homer saves Smoltz from another bad start.)
TEETH GRINDER GAMES – 19
– 6-5 loss at Oakland. (Sox blow early 3-0 lead. Lose in 12)
– 9-8 loss at Cleveland. (Sox blow early 5-1 lead. Lopez drops 3rd out.)May 14
– 5-4 loss at Anaheim. (Ortiz goes 0-7 stranding 12 runners.)May 15
– 5-4 loss at Seattle. (Red Sox blow their second 4-0 lead in three days.)
– 3-2 loss at Seattle. (Red Sox strand two in the 9th. Lose in the bottom of the 9th.)
– 3-2 loss to the Mets. (Papelbon lets up a 2 out 2 run homer in the 9th to Omir Santos)
– 2-1 loss to the Marlins. (Rain washes out a tight game after 5+ innings.)
– 2-1 loss to the Braves. (Tying run on base in the 9th. Solid Penny outing wasted)June 30
– 11-10 loss at Baltimore. (The Red Sox blow a late 10-1 to the lowly Orioles.)July 3
– 7-6 loss to Seattle. (Red Sox comeback in the 8th only to lose in the 11th.)
– 3-2 loss to Seattle. (Saito walks three in the 9th as the Mariners rally to win)
– 8-6 loss to the Royals. (Bullpen blows early 4-0 lead.)
– 4-2 loss at Texas. (Beckett loses a complete game and the Yankees take over first.)
– 3-1 loss at Texas. (Sox are swept for the first time all season.)
– 9-8 loss to Oakland. (Sox blow 3 run lead in 9th. A’s rally with 2 outs in 9th and 11th.)
– 8-6 loss to Oakland. (Down 5-0 in the first, Sox comeback falls short)
– 4-2 loss in Tampa Bay. (Longoria hits 13th inning walk off with first base open.)
– 6-4 loss in Tampa Bay. (Sox gets swept in a 2 game series with the tying run at the plate).
– 2-0 loss in New York. (A-Rod’s walk off with 2 outs in the 15 ends a teeth grinding marathon.)
Down to -5
At this point all I want is ONE game in the Bronx!!!!
article_url = location.href;article_title = document.title;